Table of Contents
This site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18.
Last Updated: Effective as of May 18, 2020
Types Of Information We Collect
We collect the following kinds of personal information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, or subscribe, such as, but not limited to, your first name and last name, country of residence, email address, username, and password;
- Transaction information you provide when using our services or site, such as your postal address, telephone number, and payment information;
- Information you provide in public forums, if applicable, on our sites and applications, such as your forum posts, blog comments;
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by applicable law to collect this information;
- Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of our applications on third-party platforms or devices;
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with our site or applications (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information;
- Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our site and applications, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences; and
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address
How We Collect Information
Personal Information You Share With Us
Information Collected When Requesting to be Contacted by a Car Seller or Buyer
If you request to be contacted by a particular car seller or buyer, both we and that seller or buyer, as the case may be, may collect personal information provided by you through a variety of methods including chat, forms and other methods of communicating information that may be found on our site, which may include your name, email address, postal code, and telephone number, so that the seller or buyer can contact you to consider a car purchase or request that you submit a dealer review.
Additional Information Collected When Using Our Site to Buy or Sell A Vehicle
If you are an individual user (and not acting on behalf of a car dealer) and you want to use our services to sell a vehicle, we and/or business partners may collect information provided by you in connection with that transaction, for example to create your vehicle listing, to verify vehicle ownership, to confirm funds availability, to process payment, to populate purchase and sale documents, and to provide user support. We may collect this information in forms on our site, forms on third party sites made available from our site, or from a picture of your ID that you upload. This information may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, driver’s license number, photo, gender, date of birth, the last four digits of your social security number, bank name, and bank account and routing numbers.
Information Collected When Registering with Groovycar; Subscribing
If you register with us or subscribe to receive specific information or services on our site, in addition to the automatic information collected as described above, we will also collect registration information, such as name, email address, mail address, telephone number, username and password.
Registering with us will give you the ability to personalize your Groovycar site experience. The benefits of registering will increase over time as we get to know you better and introduce new features. We encourage you to register so that you can experience everything that Groovycar has to offer!
Automatic Collection of Information
We gather information from your computer or handheld or mobile device when you visit our site. While you can take advantage of some of our site features without registration, we encourage you to register with us to take full advantage of our many personalization options in terms of your privacy and browsing preferences. If you don’t register, we automatically collect your IP address and information regarding your internet service provider or mobile carrier and the type of handheld or mobile device you use.
We also use the following technologies to automatically collect information from you:
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
You can set some cookie preferences through your device or browser settings but doing so may affect the functionality of the site.
The purposes for which we use Tracking Technologies on the site include:
|Processes||Intended to make the site work in the way you expect. For example, we use a cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.|
|Preferences||Intended to track how you use the site and remember information about how you prefer the site to behave and look. For example, we monitor and store your browsing activity on our site to customize your experience and better understand your vehicle shopping interests.|
|Notifications||Intended to allow notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the site. For example, send out notifications of price drop in a vehicle that you are interested or previously browsed on our site.|
|Analytics||Intended to help us understand how visitors use our site. For example, we use a cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your browsing on our site.|
Applications and Widgets for Social Media
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may acquire or obtain information from other sources as follows:
From third-party sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically. This includes, for example, vehicle registration information and other information. We collect this information from public databases, private database, data aggregators, analytics vendors, advertising networks, and search information providers).
We use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, personalize your experience with the site, target our communications and advertisements so that we can inform you of products and services or other offers that may be of interest to you, provide private purchase and sale transaction services, prevent fraud, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use and process your personal information for a number of business and commercial purposes. These include, but may not be limited to:
- sending information to car buyers/sellers with your consent to complete transactions;
- completing your transactions with us;
- processing and collecting your payments;
- sending you promotional marketing material about us and our services;
- customizing, analyzing, adjusting and improving the site;
- preventing fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- complying with requests of law enforcement or data protection agencies
- providing you with technical and customer support
- seeking your opinion or feedback on our services or industry questions
- facilitating seamless access to all of our applications to which you have subscribed
- enforcing our legal rights or comply with legal requirements
- providing improved website and product experience and communications
- complying with a legal or regulatory obligation.
How And With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
- Affiliates. We may share information about you, including personal information, with our corporate affiliates for specific business purposes.
- Car Buyers/Sellers. With your express consent, we may share your personal information with car buyers/sellers and manufacturers who use that information for purposes of marketing their own products or services to you directly.
- When you submit your e-mail address and/or phone number to a particular seller through the site, you agree and expressly consent to being contacted by the seller by various means, including by phone at the number provided, text message, email, automatic telephone dialing system and/or an artificial or prerecorded voice.
- Service Providers. We may provide third-party service providers (such as market research firms, marketing services providers, advertising agencies, and payment processing partners) access to your personal information to perform services on our behalf. We contractually require our service providers to provide protection for personal information and to limit the use of such information solely for the purpose of providing the specified services on our behalf.
- Other Providers of Products and Services. We may provide other third-party providers of products and services (for example financing providers) access personal information that you voluntarily provide on our site so that such providers can provide products and services to you. We contractually require such providers to provide protection for personal information and to limit the use of such information for the purpose agreed to by you when submitting such personal information on our site. By submitting personal information on our site in connection with receiving products and/or services from these providers, you (i) consent to our transmission of your personal information to such providers, (ii) agree that your personal information will be subject to their privacy policies, and (iii) agree that you should contact them directly for more information about their specific privacy and opt-out policies.
- Legal Authorities We cooperate with legal authorities and may in some circumstances be required to disclose personal information in response to requests from law enforcement authorities, or in response to a subpoena or other legal process. We also share information about you if we believe we should in order to (i) prevent a violation of the law; (ii) protect or defend our interests and our legal rights or property; (iii) protect the rights, interests, safety and security of users of the site or members of the public; (iv) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (v) comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, and applicable law or legal process. We also may share your information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, and in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Publicly Posted Information.
Your profile on the site will be publicly viewable and identifiable via your screen name. Groovycar will not share your email address with any other members or display it any public manner. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information.
If you choose to participate in any member-to-member communications programs, you may be contacted by other members, using us as an intermediary. All members will have the option to turn off the member-to-member communication features at any time.
Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
Your Rights and Choices
You may opt-out of any or all future marketing emails from us or clicking on the unsubscribe link we place at the footer of every email we send that is not in response to an action taken by the user. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Groovycar’s ongoing business relations.
You can cancel your registration with us by e-mailing holler@Groovycar.com. If you cancel your registration, we will remove your information from our active database, but some information may remain in our database and/or archives for our own corporate recordkeeping and as required to comply with law.
You can review and update the personal information you have provided through the registration process either via the website or app or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
895 Glenbrook Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Attention : Privacy
Storing and Retaining Your Personal Information
Your personal information is stored on servers in the U.S. Also, some of our service providers may store information in servers hosted in countries different from where you reside. As such, your personal information may be subject to the laws of other countries, where the data protection and other laws may not be as comprehensive as your country of residence.
Security – Steps we take to protect your personal information
We have implemented administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to help protect the personal information stored in our systems against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. We also employ processes (such as password hashing, login auditing, and idle session termination, as appropriate) to help protect against unauthorized access to your personal information. Technical measures that we have implemented also include use of firewall protection and, in appropriate instances, encryption technology. Although we take reasonable precautions to assess the reliability of such technology, we rely on the statements of the vendors of those products and services as part of its security evaluation. While we have endeavored to create a secure and reliable site for users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the site, and the security of your personal information, cannot be guaranteed. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information when you are on the Internet.
For California Residents
California Consumer Notices
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California residents to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain personal information about you to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We comply with this law by offering you the ability to tell us not to share your personal information with third parties.
To make such a request, you must include this section heading as the subject line, and your full name, e-mail address, and postal address in your message and send to:
895 Glenbrook Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
California Notice of Collection under California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
This Groovycar Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements the information contained in this Policy and the rights mentioned below apply solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California. We share this notice of collection to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Privacy Notice.
Sharing Personal Information
Groovycar does not generally sell information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. However, to the extent “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include advertising technology activities such as those disclosed in this Policy as a “sale,” we will comply with applicable law as to such activity.
Information We Collect:
|Categories||Examples||Do we collect?||Do we disclose for business purposes?||Do we sell?|
|Identifiers||Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Customer records information||Name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, driver’s license or state identification card number, bank account number, credit or debit card number, other financial information||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||Race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age||Yes||Yes||No|
|Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies||Yes||Yes||No|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Geolocation data||Physical location||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Professional or employment-related information:||Current or past job history||Yes||Yes||No|
|Inferences||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, aptitudes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
California Residents’ Rights
California law grants California residents certain rights as set forth below.
Do-Not-Sell. California residents have the right to opt-out of our sale of their personal information. To the extent Groovycar sells your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by emailing us at holler@Groovycar.com.
Verifiable Requests to Delete and to Know. You have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you and the right know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request by emailing us at holler@Groovycar.com. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
Submitting Requests. You may exercise your rights by emailing us at holler@Groovycar.com
We will respond to your Right to Know and Right to Delete requests within 45 days.
Verification: When you submit your request, we will take steps to attempt to verify your identity. We will seek to match the information in your request to the personal information we maintain about you. As part of our verification process, we may ask you to submit additional information, use identity verification services to assist us, or, if you have set up an account on our website, we may ask you to sign in to your account as part of our identity verification process. Please understand that, depending on the type of request you submit, to protect the privacy and security of your and other users’ personal information, we will only complete your request when we are satisfied that we have verified your identity consistent with applicable law and regulations.
Authorized Agent: The CCPA allows California consumers to designate an authorized agent to exercise their rights under CCPA. You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights.
Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at holler@Groovycar.com.
The site is intended for a general audience and is not directed at children under (13) years of age.
We do not knowingly gather personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) in a manner not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, contact us at privacy @Groovycar.com. We will remove the data to the extent required by applicable laws.
We do not knowingly “sell” the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents without their affirmative authorization.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and registered to use the site, you can ask us to remove any content or information you have posted on the site. To make a request, email us at the email address set out in “Contact Us” section with “California Under 18 Content Removal Request” in the subject line, and tell us what you want removed. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view, although we cannot ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of the content and may retain the content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.